The Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado is tremendously grateful to have the support of community members who help improve the lives of people affected by epilepsy through their generous donations. We express this gratitude and recognize the contribution your donations make through the exclusive giving circles outlined below. This is our way to honor our most generous partners who demonstrate their commitment to offering the best possible programs and services to the epilepsy community.
The Purple Circle
The Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado brand highlights the color purple as a symbol of commitment, compassion and a strong desire to serve others. We gratefully acknowledge donors who exhibit the same qualities by donating $10,000 – $49,999 annually and include them in the Purple Circle. To acknowledge your support, you will:
- Be listed with other generous community members as a member of the “Purple Circle” in a special acknowledgment email
- Receive an invitation to an annual donor reception honoring you and other community philanthropists
Be listed with other gracious donors as a member of the Purple Circle on the Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado website
Our 2018 Purple Circle Honorees are:
Chris and Shana Bairrington
The Harriet Hunter Circle
When her grandchild was diagnosed with epilepsy in 1964, Dr. Harriet Hunter incorporated the Colorado Epilepsy Association because there were no support services available for youth with epilepsy. Since our founding, we have depended on donors who provide leadership support through their generous giving. That is why we recognize those donors who give $50,000 or more annually by including them in the Harriet Hunter Circle. To acknowledge your support, you will:
- Receive all the benefits associated with the Purple Circle
- Be listed with a select group of donors as a member of the “Harriet Hunter Circle” in the Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado’s Annual Report
- Be presented with a commemorative award at the annual Colors of the Mind Gala
Our 2018 Harriet Hunter Circle Honorees are:
John and Alice Benitez
Brooke and Tom Gordon
The Founder’s Society
The Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado logo represents the three foundational pillars of our organization:
- The light of understanding
- Research leading to a cure
- A lifeline to the nearly 60,000 Coloradans with epilepsy
The Founder’s Society is based on the firm belief that the Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado’s past, present, and future is dependent on the ongoing generosity of our friends. We recognize and encourage partnership through this unique society that acknowledges those individuals whose gifts have totaled $50,000 or more to the organization. Membership is offered for cumulative giving at the following levels:
- Founder $1,000,000 and above
- Benefactor $500,000 – $999,999
- Humanitarian $99,999 – 499,999
- Patron $50,000 – $99,999
Member benefits include
- The listing of your name on the Founder’s Society wall at the Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado office
- Invitation to an annual donor reception honoring you and other community philanthropists
- Recognition on the Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado website
We gratefully acknowledge our Founders Society Members:
Brooke and Tom Gordon
John and Alice Benitez
Steve and Kim Franzen
Ryan and Candy Palazzo
Lisa Marie and John Maxson
David Petrocco and Kate Rafferty Petrocco
Greg and Laura Ross and Lindsay Ross
The Legacy Circle
Through the years, the epilepsy community has benefited greatly from individuals who have remembered the Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado in their estate plans. The Legacy Circle acknowledges those who have made gifts through will bequests, gift annuities, trust agreements, life insurance, and similar planned gifts. Recognition of Legacy Circle members is made regardless of the size of the bequest or gift. As a member you will:
Be publicly recognized on the Legacy Circle wall at the Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado office
Receive invitations to other special events at the organization.
Other Ways to Give
The Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado is a member of Amazon Smile! AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization – US!
Simply visit smile.amazon.com and select the Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado as your charity, and we will receive 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases.
The Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado is part of the King Soopers Community Rewards Program! All you have to do is swipe your SooperCard and the Foundatino earns donations at no cost to you! To Use the King Soopers or City Market Community Rewards Program: Simply visit the appropriate link below.. § For King Soopers Stores – go to https://www.kingsoopers.com/topic/king-soopers-community-rewards § For City Market Stores – go to https://www.citymarket.com/topic/city-market-community-rewards
Once logged into your King Soopers or City Market account, you can search for Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado either by name or IK185 and then click Enroll. New users will need to create an account which requires some basic information, a valid email address and a loyalty card.
Support the mission of the Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado by including a gift to the Foundation as part of your estate and financial planning. Contact us to discuss ways to leave a legacy through your will, living trust, IRA Charitable rollover, donor advised funds, or other means.
The Brooke Gordon Leadership Fund
The Brooke Gordon Leadership Fund supports emotional wellness resources for people living with epilepsy. To join Brooke and Tom in making a Leadership gift, contact us at (303)377-9774
The Dan Rafferty Memorial Fund
The Dan Rafferty Memorial Fund, started by his loving family, embraces Dan’s passion in ensuring accessibility to vital programs and services for those who could not otherwise. To support this fund, contact us at (303) 377-9774.
Gifts of Stock
- Your gift of appreciated stock or securities will improve the lives of people living with epilepsy. The following information will ensure that your gift is received and confirmed appropriately.
- Electronic or depository trust company (DTC) transfer of stock through a broker can be made to the Charles Schwab account held by Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado. What you need to know
- Organization Name/Account Registration and Address: Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado 5889 Greenwood Plaza Blvd, Suite 404 Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Account Number- 3138-0497
Contact – Sarah Klein, 303-377-9774
Name of Receiving Institution- Charles Schwab & Co.
DTC Number- 0164
Federal Tax ID #: 84-0607069
Please also complete the PDF form here and return it to us so we can acknowledge the gift
- Participating in the charitable giving campaign sponsored by your employer is easy. Simply sign up to make a contribution by directing a portion of your paycheck to the Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado and your tax-deductible donation is automatically sent to us.
- Corporate employee giving programs Many corporations offer their employees an opportunity to make a charitable donation through payroll deductions.
- If your employer partners with Community Health Charities (CHC), look for the Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado listing under CHC.
- If your employer offers an independent campaign, ask your program administrator how to designate your gift to the Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado.
- State and local public sector campaigns Be sure to look for the Foundation listed under Community Health Charities (CHC) on the designation lists for your state, city, county or school employee giving campaigns. For more information, ask your program administrator.
- United Way If your employer offers a United Way program, ask your administrator how you can designate your gift to the Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado.
- Many employers sponsor “matching gift” programs — meaning they will match the charitable contributions made by their employees. Find out if your company has a matching gift policy
Donate by Mail
Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado 5889 Greenwood Plaza Blvd, Suite 404 Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Donate by Phone